Kodi Ubuntu is a customizable and versatile media center device that most of us might be aware of. It allows you to watch movies, videos, and pictures and play music from your private media collection or streaming it online. It works well on most Operating systems though some of them have a better time running the software. Kodi is quite easy to download.
Those of you who are unfamiliar with the codes and steps that are necessary to download Kodi on to your Ubuntu device could refer to the steps given in this article. This is a dedicated article that covers how to install Kodi on Ubuntu Operating System. Read on to know more.
How to install Kodi Ubuntu?
Follow these simple steps to successfully run Kodi on Ubuntu.
- Open Ubuntu Terminal by pressing the hotkeys, Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Next, you need to add the PPA to your package so type0 “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa“.
- To authorize the installation of Kodi Ubuntu, type in your password.
- Update your package list to find the newly added PPA by typing “sudo apt-get update“.
- Proceed to install Kodi by typing in the command, “sudo apt-get install kodi“
- After installation, you can access Kodi by typing in “Kodi” in the Terminal or access it using Unity Dash menu.
Illegal use of Kodi
Kodi being an open source platform, is available to the Kodi community members all around the world. Anyone who is tech savvy and knows coding can get into the scene and add extensions that provide copyrighted or illegal content.
Kodi itself is a blank canvas and doesn’t contain such kind of media but various companies have wrongly associated these add-ons and products to degrade Kodi’s reputation. In 2015 Amazon stopped the distribution of Kodi owing to these kinds of allegations. The XMBC foundation president Nathan Betzen has always maintained that Kodi disregards the assumption and don’t care what Kodi users do with the product, but they don’t like it when companies for their profit, destroy the reputation of Kodi.
The debate is never-ending, though it is recommended that you stay away from such content and don’t try to promote such illegal content while using Kodi.
Previous Version of Kodi: v17
Latest Version of Kodi: v18