Kodi is an open source media storage device. The open source means that the codes that are used to develop this software are available to all of those who want to actively participate in making the application better. To download Kodi you do not need to shell out any cash. This has led to a lot of controversial statements over the years. The add-ons that developers make can be used to access illegal and copyrighted content.
Kodi download for all platforms
It is not an issue if you tend to keep away from such add-ons and use Kodi to view legal stuff. This article is going to cover the ways to download Kodi for your particular operating system. It is important to know that Kodi might readily be available on the app store of your OS but some OS don’t keep it so one has to download it using third party repositories.
And while you access files from these repositories make sure to research your own to see if the sources are reliable or not. Let’s get on with the main topic.
How to download Kodi for Android?
The Kodi download file for Android is available on this article. Click on the given link that will take you to the downloadable source and then follow the given steps to install it on to your system.
- Go to Settings >> Security >> Device Management >> Toggle on “Unknown Sources”. This is to make sure that you are allowing unknown devices to download files on your android.
- Download APK File using the given link. (requires minimum Android 5.0)
- Tap on the Install button and agree to the terms and condition.
- Wait for the downloads to finish. It might take a while.
- After successful installation, Kodi is ready to use on your Android.
How to download Kodi for Windows?
To download Kodi for Windows click on the given link or go to the app store to find the app and download it on your system. Follow these steps to install Kodi on your Windows Operating System.
- Click on this link http://kodi.tv/download/.
- Once this page is appropriately loaded, scroll down until you see various devices’ names and icons.
- Click on the Windows icon from devices’ names and icons.
- Accept all the condition and proceed. Wait until the download gets finished.
- After the completion of the download, Click the Kodi file you downloaded to start the Installer.
- Click on the “Run” button.
- Click “Next” after the prompt message.
- Click “Finish” to close the Installer after completion.
How to download Kodi for Mac OS?
Kodi is even downloadable and compatible with the Mac operating system. Follow the given steps for successful installation of Kodi on your Mac.
- Download the suitable version of Kodi for your Mac device using this link here, this file is available as a disk image.
- The downloaded disk image for Kodi will open by itself if downloaded using the Safari browser otherwise open the Kodi Mac disk image manually.
- To install Kodi on your Mac device, drag the icon into the Applications folder.
- Your Gatekeeper settings may send you a message informing that reads “can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer”. Simply right-click Kodi and click Open, and it’ll bypass this feature.
- Otherwise, navigate to System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> “Allow applications downloaded from:” >> “Anywhere”
- That should do it, you can start using Kodi as soon as it opens.
All of the download links appearing in the above article are known to be safe and secure. But, if you still are skeptical about it you could do the research and download it using some other links. The installation steps remain the same whether you download the link from our source or some other source.
We hope that this article was helpful to you. Do write and let us know about any questions you have. Cheers!